Thursday, April 5, 2018

New Mercies I See




Hi, Friends.....

I am so glad that a few of the March challenges have some spillover days into April. Life was so insane in March that I really didn't get any creating done at all.
 

I suddenly remembered about the Verve March Inspiration Challenge and....hooray!...it hadn't closed yet...but today is the last day. The theme is Green and here is the inspiration photo Julee gave us.

 
Here's what I made:


That wispy dark shadow you see across the lower part of the card is tulle ribbon wrapped numerous times around the panel and tied into a bow. It looks hideous in this photo, but is soft and dreamy IRL. You will have to take my word for it..... LOL!!

Products used include:
Verve - New Mercies stamp set
Core'dinations Vellum
Versamark Ink
Stampendous - Clear Embossing Powder Clear Bark: Item #EP505
Prima flowers
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set
Scrap of K&Co. paper for background
Scraps from my stash for leaves
Spring green brads from stash
Tulle ribbon from thrift store

This card reminds me of spring because of its deep colors that look like a rain-drenched woodsy area. We get lots of rain here this time of year.....relatively speaking, that is. Idaho is very dry, so "lots of rain" means maybe 2 or 3 inches in a month!!! lol... The deep greens and browns in this card remind me of the verdant growth and moist soil that come with the spring rains.

Hope you liked my card. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Verve Inspirations March 2018 Challenge - Green
2. Butterfly Challenge #97 - Butterfly + T for Teal, Tomato, Thistle &/or Triangles, Twine, Two Identical Objects (I am playing for the Butterfly + Teal....for the foiling on the background and butterfly)
3. Word Art Wednesday #328-329 - Anything Goes
4. DL.ART Thankful Thursday #225 - Flowers or Thank You
5. Crop Stop April Link Party #38 - Anything Goes using products from company CS sells (I used Tsukineko Versamark Ink, Core'dinations Vellum, and Prima flowers)
6. Joy Clair April Challenge - Anything Goes/Spring
7. Card Mania Challenge #103 - Spring
8. Craftyhazelnut's April Patterned Paper Challenge - Use patterned paper
9. The House that Stamps Built DCC44 - All Creatures Great and Small
10. Love to Scrap #108- April Showers Bring May Flowers

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Janis and what a lovely shade of green. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love that fabulous background. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally getting around to admiring your new uploads and comment on them, whew! I think that March just flew on by for a lot of us and I'm hoping for more time to savor life in the coming months. In the meantime, I am savoring our beautiful card! The woodsy brown sentiment and tulle give this design a warm vintage look and I am loving the gorgeous K&Co background print...wow! Why do I never find things like tulle ribbon at my local Thrift stores? All I find are old crocheted afghans full of holes, and pots without lids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get cute cat toys for your cats at https://www.missmeowni.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous background, and I love the sentiment and tulle bow!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you shared it with The House That Stamps Built as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card looks lovely Janis but I know what you mean, its hard sometimes to get pics that really does them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in perfect agreement with you on your card having a lovely woodsy spring look to it. Love the rich teal of the butterfly against the green. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel this week. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its so nice card.
    Hugs 😻

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along in our challenge this week at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty!! I love the sparkle and shine from the foiled paper!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built and LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Card Mania ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!
    Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation!
    Thanks for playng at Card Mania Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis