Monday, May 15, 2017

#5 - Graphic 45 Card Extravaganza - Winnie & Walter




Hi, Friends......

I am back with #5 of my Graphic 45 Card Extravaganza where I went wild with my Graphic 45 Precious Memories collection and made SIX cards!!! I love this collection with its images that are suitable for baby boys or girls. I made this little boy card with one of the Winnie & Walter challenges in mind:


Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H. (ends June 9) - I noticed that the colors in the G45 papers were very similar to the lovely ones in the palette that Heather chose this time. The papers even feature roses along with the babies and mommies....just like in the inspiration photo!





Here's my card......



In addition to the Graphic 45 papers, I used scraps for matting and leftover bits of a doily from THIS PROJECT. I think the little wheel shapes have a sort of nautical look and go with the sailboats in the papers.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (the rectangles with straight sides and the fishtail banner )
Graphic 45 Precious Memories collection
Winnie & Walter - Big Hugs with Evelin T Designs stamp set (sentiment)
Versafine Ink in Deep Lagoon
Doily scraps
DCWV scraps
Hope you are enjoying what I have been making with my G45 papers for the W&W challenges. I have one last card of this collection to post. I would love for you to join in, too. You still have plenty of time! Thank you, as always, for your visits and comments!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter May Color Combo Challenge with Heather H.
2. Not Just Cards Challenge #44 - One for the Boys
3. Crafty Hazelnut's May Patterned Paper Challenge
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 281 & 282 - Use Snippets
5. Bizzy Becs May Challenge - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Its a very nautical card but without being too obvious which I think adds to the effect, great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute love how you used the clothes //////////Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! This is just adorable! I was a big fan of paper dolls as a child, and often drew my own dolls and clothes...so this takes me way back. I rarely, if ever, make baby cards but I think this could even be used for a birthday card for a man...with a funny sentiment. Those die cuts do look a lot like steering wheels for a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and that is so darn true about a cat! That little guy reminds me of my Bailey, who was dark gray but had a white chest and a round head like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Janis - I had paper dolls with outfits when I was small! Played with them for hours on end.

    And I did giggle at that cat - so true! We just opened our front door and as always, a neighbour's cat is curled up there under the front porch overhang (sheltering from the rain we have today). Like eedjits, we always apologise if we disturb her!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute --I like the nautical theme and the doilies fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great snippets card - I remember those paper dolls with shoulder tags on the clothes, wonder if they are still around for children and if they would love them like we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. I love it.
    All your cards are fantastic and you look fabulous in those 3-D glasses. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Sorry I am late commenting.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis