Friday, February 3, 2017

Heartfelt "Hi"



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with another card for the Hug A Heart Drive. This is a card drive especially for Heart Center patients at Nationwide Children’s Hospital during February, which is American Heart Month. You can find out all the card requirements and specifications HERE. They are asking for Heart-Themed, but not specifically Valentine cards which will be given to children hospitalized with serious heart conditions.


http://www.christinahordesigns.com/2017/01/hug-heart-card-drive-2017.html


Since I still had all my brown (umber) colored butterfly supplies out, I decided to combine the Hug a Heart card challenge with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #71 of Butterfly/ies + U is for Underneath &/or Umber (the color). I used the lattice work heart die from my Serendipity - Heart Scroll stamp and die set that shows the brown butterfly patterned paper "underneath".



I stamped a grab bag Unity stamp with the cheery hearts and "Hi" sentiment in Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia and die cut it with My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set. My background is die cut with the pierced large rectangle from the Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set. I inked the edges of the panels with Distress Ink and added some kraft photo corners for fun.
 







Here's a shot of another one I made from the same design. Which do you like better? I think I might like the first one a little more.









Thank you for taking a peek at my cards! I love that you come to visit my blog and your sweet comments keep me going. :)

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #71 - Butterfly + U is for Underneath &/or Umber
2. CardzTV Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - The Color of Love
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge - Use Patterned Paper

9 comments:

  1. Awww, super cute card Janis! Good job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the second one the best. Another fabulous interpretation of underneath. Keep them coming your on a roll!. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both, Janis! So happy to see you joining the card drive. The children will enjoy these cards very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Janis, you are really layering those die cuts so beautifully and the scrolled heart is gorgeous. I love the colors in your butterfly patterned paper, with the brown, pink and red. The brown background and those kraft photo corners give it a nice vintage flair...which you know I always like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card! So happy to have you try our challenge !
    Hugs,
    Georgia
    Cardz TV DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice design - love the intricate die cut.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Hugs, Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, thanks for joining Cardz TV!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Hope to see you again in March.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis