Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stenciled Butterflies



Hi, Friends......

I am here with a simple stenciled butterfly card for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge.  This time the prompts are Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or G is for Grape.  Sweet!  I managed to do both with my purple sponged background and my butterflies that are heat embossed with a glittery white powder. 



I started with a fuschia colored card base, although you can't tell because of my sponging. :) I used the lovely butterfly stencil from my Artistcellar - Tam's Whimsy Series 4-stencil set. I held it firmly in place and smooshed Versamark ink through the design. I also stamped the little "nature" sentiment from my Mark's Finest Papers - Nature's Brushstrokes stamp set with Versamark. Then I heat embossed with this super-glittery white powder. The sparkle didn't photograph well, but you can see it a tiny bit better in this next photo.


After heat embossing, I sponged with Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves.  I like the natural unevenness of the background.  

Do you like this simple card?  I like it a lot. It was fun and fast to make.  I really need to use my stencils more often!!!  Which of your supplies do you need to get out and play with this coming week?  

Thank you for stopping by!! Hope your weekend is a great one.

<3

Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge #49 - Butterfly + G is for Glitter and/or Grape
2. WOW! Embossing March Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
3. MAWTT Challenge #15 - Purple Haze
4. Fun Cuts - N is for Nature
5. My Time to Craft Challenge #316 - One Layer Only
6. Lil Red Wagon Challenge #331 - Layer of One
7. Mod Squad - Feature a Creature
8. The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Springtime (must stamp)

9. Amusing Challenge - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on the stencil with glitter. I know that is not easy. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you again.
    Barbara, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Janis. Great job with the butterflies. I've never tried that technique. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful CAS card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful effect with the sparkled butteflies. They do show up in your photo. I love the colour of your background. I have to be so careful when I play with anything messy as hubby has severe OCD and I daren't use/leave anything out that could be tipped over. I tend to do most of my messy making out in the garden in the summer where it doesn't matter. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfect for our Purple Haze challenge over at MAWTT. Thanks for joining us. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea...I will have to try it :) Thank you for joining in on my Amusing Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow what a cool piece of stencilling - love it - thank you so much for sharing with us at My Time to Craft. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Janis, don't know how I missed seeing this but I just spotted it on the Mod Squad challenge win. That stenciling and heat embossing is gorgeous...and I love sparkly bits in the embossing powder. Those butterflies look amazing against your deep fushia background. Congrats on your win over at Mod Squad!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. simple but with great effect!!! beautiful butterflies. Thanks for playing along at the WOW embossing challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Janis. Thanks for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper March Challenge - Debs DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing colour combo! so vivid and impressive! Thank you so much for playing along with Wow! Embossing powder!
    xx Victoria

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis