Friday, June 26, 2015

Air Mail Birthday Card



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a fun masculine card using a vintage-look airmail sticker.....perfect for this birthday card that I will be mailing. :)  I had this emboss-resist starry background in my reject pile on my craft table.  It hadn't turned out like I wanted for a different project a week or two ago, but I knew it would come in handy sometime soon!


My card is fairly self-explanatory, so I will just give you my supply list and make this post super-short!

Supplies used include the following:
Art Anthology - Twilight Stencil
Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot
Versamark Ink
Embossing Powder-Translucent Sahara (Lost track of orig jar and can't remember what brand it is! Eeek!)
Sizzix - Circles, Scallop
My Favorite Things - Blueprints 7 die set
Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set
Versafine Ink - Majestic Blue
Darice - Diagonal Stripe Background

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you stay cool in the heat!!  Have a wonderful weekend!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Frosted Designs Friday Challenge - Summertime Blues (the starry blue sky reminds me of summer!)
2. Cards in Envy - Red, White, and Blue Challenge
3. The Paper Girls Challenge - Happy Birthday
4. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #159 - Red, White, and Blue
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
6. The Male Room Challenge #13 - Up in the Air (No Birds)
7. DRS Designs Challenge #180 - Oh, My Stars!!!

12 comments:

  1. What a great vintage sticker image! Love how you used it! Superb! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Birthday card, love the mail sticker, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card design and I like the star emboss resist section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty I love the stars in the circle - Wonderful Birthday card.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY, challenge #158 “RED, WHITE AND BLUE” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love it when you can finally use an element you find in your stash from a previous fail? The star panel looks great on this card, and I love the airmail theme! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is such a great card design! I love the embossing folder you used, and that embossed resist star background is wonderful! Love the contrast between the crisp lines and graphic design of the retro Air Mail sticker and the soft ethereal look of those resist stars. Thumbs and wings up on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the challenge!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the challenge. I do like the colours and the love embossed background. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and especially love the "air mail" part. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card! Love the air mail sticker and fun colors. Thanks for joining us in the DRS Designs Challenge!!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet image! love your captain kitty! Thanks for playing along with our PaperGirls birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis