Sunday, February 8, 2015

LOVE


"What greater gift than the love of a cat?"
                                            ------------Charles Dickens


Hi, Friends......

I'm here with a quick entry into the Mojo Monday Card Sketch challenge.  Here's the awesome sketch Julee Tilman from Verve Stamps gave us to try out: 




For my card, I used DCWV cardstock scraps and a reject piece of vellum I dry embossed with my Darice - Cherry Blossom folder.  I did this one before I hit on my trick of using two sheets at a time in my folder...thus I have little chewed holes in the vellum.  Glad I was able to figure out a way to use this!!!

I used my Serendipity lattice heart and love dies.  I really wanted the red to pop, so I stuck to muted grays for the rest of the card.  I really like the effect!!!





You can see the detail better in this closeup of the heart.  Can you see there is a hint of pink in the Love die cut????


I also used the awesome palette in the Inspired by Stamping monthly challenge.  Isn't it amazing?!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week!!!

<3
Janis 

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mojo Monday - 383 Contest
2. Inspired By Stamping - Monthly Blog Challenge - IBSIC #90
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - H is for.........Heart
4. Verve - February Inspiration Challenge - Vivacious Valentine
5.
My Craft Creations New Challenge - 2/2-14/2 2015 - Anything Goes 

Just for fun because I was last week's lucky winner:
6. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #163 - Use Snippets 

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Janis! I LOVE the amazing use of textured vellum--it looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mynn!!! You are always so sweet to leave such nice comments!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Hi Janis! Wow, what a lovely card - and your tip about the embossing is a good one - I have a few folders that love to cut my card stock :(

    Oh I do giggle at the kitty piccies!

    Got your email - I went out too early this morning to parcel and label your stamps, but I need to go back to visit the carpet showroom tomorrow so will take it with me and detour past the Post Office! Well done again!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Di!!! Yes, it does seem like some of the folders are worse than others about chewing up what they are embossing. This Cherry Blossom folder I used for this card is one of my worst ones for it.....not sure why.

      So excited for my prize from your Pixie's Snippets Playground. I hope Viv who donated the stamps for the prize box has read my comments thanking her for them. Perhaps you can direct her toward them. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Lovely card! The embossed vellum looks amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra. I love the look of embossed vellum....esp now that I know how to keep it from getting chewed up!! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. I like the lattice heart die you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!! I had forgotten I even had the LOVE and lattice heart dies (and stamps to go with) until I opened up my valentine supplies and saw them! I was so excited that I cut out a whole bunch of them to use on various valentines!!! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Embossed vellum brilliant this card is so pretty.............Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lis. I love the look of embossed vellum, too, esp when I do it the right way so it doesn't tear!! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julee. Your sketches are always so awesome!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. This is so pretty and you would never know that embossed vellum is less than perfect! I've had the same problem with thin cardstock and embossing folders (the Darice ones seem to be the worst culprits for some reason) and just found out about the fix of using two sheets of cardstock/vellum at a time myself. Love learning from other crafters and sparing myself some grief..haha! That lattice heart die is so beautiful you don't even need to save it for Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen!! I prob should keep that heart die in my general collection, instead of in my valentine box, so I don't forget abt it again. That's interesting that Darice are the worst ones abt eating the cardstock. That is the only brand of folder I own, so I haven't used others. You, by the way, are the one that really got me going on dry embossing.....from admiring your lovely textured backgrounds. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty card! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis